Riviera Maya, MX (June 20, 2018) – This week, Vidanta Riviera Maya has debuted Salum, a brand new outdoor bohemian-inspired beach market and lounge exclusive to the resort and soon accessible to the public. Situated on the shores of the turquoise Caribbean, Salum Beachside Eateries and Market is a vibrant village inspired by the carefree energy of the best beaches in Mexico, offering a casual destination for snacking, shopping and experiencing the very best of Mexican culture. Featuring eight culinary venues, three bars, a bohemian Mexican market, live music and a variety of entertainment, the sprawling open air space is the first of its kind among Mexico resorts, with plenty of stunning space to sip and savor.
The design reflects the flavors of the country, commemorating its history, indigenous materials and design elements. In addition to eight new culinary offerings, the open-air market will also offer local crafts, unique goods and handmade art that reflect the vibrant Mexican culture.
Situated right on Vidanta’s pristine beach, and paired with privileged views of the Caribbean, the exclusive oasis-like market – Salum – at Vidanta Riviera Maya will draw resort guests and visitors of the like. A sneak peek at some of Salum's newest gastronomic offerings include:
- Huama Cerveceria: Guests can sip a variety of craft beer from all over Mexico, including brews from Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
- Robayaki Grill & Sushi: Offerings include creative sushi plates inspired by a blend of Asian cuisine and fresh seafood off the coasts of Mexico.
- La Sombrita Beach Bar: Surrounded by lounge chairs, hammocks, swings and cabanas, guest can dip their toes in the sand at this stylish beach bar while sipping on an exclusively curated cocktails.
- Waves n' Tacos: Find authentic Mexican coastal cuisine at this relaxed, beachy taqueria concept.
- Aloreña: Inspired by a flavorful olive with a perfect seed to pulp ratio, the Aloreña olive is native to Spain, the restaurant will offer artisan charcuterie boards, tapas dishes, various cheeses, hams, warm breads and wines.
- Mercado Mexico: An inviting outdoor market place with thirteen unique popups, selling small handcrafted items, clothing, coffee, Mexican snacks such as churros, aguas frescas, tamales, and souvenirs to commemorate an unforgettable trip.
- La Cantina: A place to enjoy the vibrant flavors of Mexico. This restaurant and cantina features a unique décor, an extensive selection of cocktails and a menu loaded with authentic Mexican favorites.
- Quinto: This fine-dining restuarant offers fine charcoal-grilled cuisine in a sophisticated atmosphere. The circular two-level space provides unparalleled views, while the menu of prime cuts and flavorful dishes fired in the signature charcoal oven is sure to top your “best meals of vacation” list.
“We are thrilled to bring this new experiential gastronomic concept to Vidanta Riviera Maya, with new restaurants, lounges, and more,” said Alexis Bostlemann, Corporate Chef for Grupo Vidanta.”
The grand opening celebration commenced Salum with a series of events including the first-ever Bazarte, a curated gathering of emerging designers, artists and brands that make up Mexico’s vibrant contemporary art, craft and fashion scene. The objective of this event was to highlight entrepreneurs who, through their chain of value, promote local crafts and preserve Mexican traditions while promoting the economic development of their community and the preservation of the environment.
“Highlighting local, ethical and sustainable goods is part of Grupo Vidanta's ongoing CSR mission to support those who seek to improve the world through creativity and innovation,” said Norma Preciado, Director of Lifestyle and Entertainment Marketing.
Positioned on the Eastern Yucatan Peninsula on a private beachfront, Vidanta Riviera Maya offers an array of grandeur amenities to accommodate the whole family. Connected by a series of natural wooden pathways, the resort features include a resident Cirque du Soleil show; Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course; world-class restaurants; lavish spas, high-end shopping boutiques and pristine pools. Grande Luxxe is the top-tier stay of the five resort hotels on the 1,000-acre property.
For more information on Salum and Vidanta’s variety of hotel and destination vacation options, please visit vidanta.com.
Salum y Bazarte, se suman a la ya exclusiva oferta de Vidanta Riviera Maya que incluye más de 400 hectáreas de paraíso, impecables piscinas, magnífica playa, bares y restaurantes de clase mundial, un campo de golf diseñado por Jack Nicklaus, servicios de spa de lujo y el mejor entretenimiento, como el show residente Cirque du Soleil JOYÀ, el único en el mundo que incluye una experiencia gastronómica.
Para mayor información visite bazartemexico.com.